Research Interests: modern Hindi and Urdu literatures; book history and print culture in South Asia; South Asian modernisms; cosmopolitanism
Current Research Projects: My first book, Cosmopolitan Dreams: The Making of Modern Urdu Literary Culture in Colonial South Asia, is coming out with the University of Hawai'i Press in 2018. My new project is on Urdu modernism and the work of Hindi and Urdu writers associated with the Progressive Writers' Movement.
- Dubrow, Jennifer. Cosmopolitan Dreams: The Making of Modern Urdu Literary Culture in Colonial South Asia. Honolulu: University of Hawai'i Press, 2018.
- Jennifer Dubrow (2018) Sharafat and Bhal Mānsī: a new perspective on respectability in Fasana-e Azad, South Asian History and Culture, 9:2, 181-193, DOI: 10.1080/19472498.2018.1446796
- Dubrow, Jennifer. "Serial Fictions: Urdu Print Culture and the Novel in Colonial South Asia." Indian Economic and Social History Review 54, no. 4 (2017): 403-422.
- Dubrow, Jennifer. "A Space for Debate: Fashioning the Urdu Novel in Colonial India." Comparative Literature Studies 53.2 (2016): 289-311.
- Dubrow, Jennifer. "Khwaja Haydar Ali Atish." Encyclopaedia of Islam, Three. Leiden: Brill, 2015. 32-33. Print.
- Jennifer Dubrow, trans. "A Tarji'-band from the Avadh Panch, 1880." 2008.
- Jennifer Dubrow, trans. An Excerpt from Fasana-e Azad by Ratan Nath Dar 'Sarshar' (1846-1902). 2008.
- Dubrow, Jennifer. Cosmopolitan Dreams: The Making of Modern Urdu Literary Culture in Colonial South Asia. Honolulu: University of Hawai'i Press, 2018 (forthcoming).
- Departmental Faculty Shine Brightly in UW's Interdisciplinary Honors Program - June 7, 2016
- Learn Locally, Speak Globally: Asian L&L Course Trailers World Premiere - April 27, 2016
- Dāstān-goʼī – The Art of Urdu Storytelling - December 2, 2015