When You Return
Once you arrive back in Seattle you will need to have your study abroad credits evaluated by faculty members in order to have the credits assigned to your major or minor. Credits must be evaluated and assigned UW credit before a student can graduate. Evaluations can take between 1-2 weeks to be completed. Follow the below procedure in order to get your credits evaluated through the Department of Asian Languages and Literature:
Bring to the Department Undergraduate Adviser:
- The Study Abroad Credit Evaluation form. The Study Abroad office will send this to you via PDF once they have received your official transcripts from your host university.
- A copy of your UW unofficial transcript.
- The syllabus, coursework and textbooks for all courses to be evaluated.
- A completed request form for AL&L faculty:
- Chinese Credit Eval Request Form (DOC) (one form will cover all the courses being requested)
- Japanese Credit Eval Request Form (DOC) (complete a separate form for EVERY course you need evaluated)
- Korean Credit Eval Request Form (DOC) (one form will cover all the courses being requested)
Share Your Experiences
Do you have information you would like to share, such as photos, an account of an experience studying abroad, or a tip or recommendation for other students in the department? If you have suggestions for useful information or links to put on this page—or if you would like to contribute content—please contact the web site administrator here.