Summer 2021 Language Courses Offered Remotely
We offer intensive Asian language courses in selected Asian languages that let you earn a year's worth of language credit (15 credits) in nine weeks. Classes are held Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 1:00 (including lecture and quiz components) for the entirety of Summer Terms A and B. Summer 2021 classes will be taught completely online. Non-UW students can register and take our summer courses. Please learn about the summer quarter application process and registration here, UW Summer quarter. Each course covers roughly the same material that we offer in our equivalent nine month courses that span the entire academic year.
*Please note these are preliminary schedules subject to change without notice.
- CHINESE 134: First-year intensive for non-heritage learners (summer full term)
- CHINESE 234: Second-year intensive for non-heritage learners (summer full term)
- JAPANESE 134: First-year intensive (summer full term)
- JAPANESE 234: Second-year intensive (summer full term)
- JAPANESE 334: Third-year intensive (summer full term)
- KOREAN 134: First-year intensive for non-heritage learners (summer full term)
- VIET 134: First-year intensive for non-heritage learners (summer full term)
For Summer registration and fee information, please visit this page.
Summer 2021 Non-Language Classes Offered Remotely
We will also be offering non-language classes remotely throughout the summer:
Summer Term A and B:
- ASIAN 491: Internship in Teaching Asian Languages and Cultures (1 or 2 credits) - please see the FAQ and
internship agreement form here.
Summer Term A:
- JAPAN 325: Introduction to Japanese Cinema (5 credits)
- JAPAN 343: Japanese Language in Society (5 credits)
Special Instructions for those who wish to study Chinese in the Summer:
- You are required to fill out our online Chinese Language Evaluation Questionnaire. You need to be a registered Summer Quarter student in order to do this.
- After this process, one of our instructors will send you an add code via email that you will use to register for the class.
- Register for the appropriate Chinese language course using the online registration system as specified by the Summer Quarter. It is important that you register as soon as possible, since classes fill up quickly and add codes can be invalidated after a set period of time.