Summer 2019 Language Courses
We offer intensive Asian language courses in selected Asian languages that let you earn a year's worth of language credit (15 credits) in nine weeks. Classes are held DAILY from 8:30 to 1:00 (including lecture and quiz components) for the entirety of Summer Terms A and B. Each course covers roughly the same material that we offer in our equivalent nine month courses that span the entire academic year.
- CHINESE 134: First-year intensive for non-heritage learners
- CHINESE 234: Second-year intensive for non-heritage learners
- JAPANESE 134: First-year intensive
- JAPANESE 234: Second-year intensive
- JAPANESE 334: Third-year intensive
- KOREAN 134: First-year intensive for non-heritage learners
- VIET 214A: Accelerated Heritage Vietnamese (A term only, 5 credits)
For Summer registration and fee information, please visit this page.
We will also be offering non-language classes throughout the summer:
Summer Term A:
- ASIAN 205A: Introduction to Modern Japanese Literature, Film, and Anime (5 credits)
- JAPAN 343: Japanese Language in Society (5 credits)
Summer Term B:
- VIET 249: Uban Vietnam: Work and Culture (5 credits)
Special Instructions for those who wish to study Chinese in the Summer:
- You are required to fill out our online Chinese Language Evaluation Questionnaire. You need to be a registered Summer Quarter student in order to do this.
- After this process, one of our instructors will send you an add code via email that you will use to register for the class.
- Register for the appropriate Chinese language course using the online registration system as specified by the Summer Quarter. It is important that you register as soon as possible, since classes fill up quickly and add codes can be invalidated after a set period of time.