Links to Related Pages
The Asian L&L department calendar of events and important deadlines is on Outlook, and is updated throughout the year:
- To view the calendar as a webpage: Asian L&L Events and Deadlines Calendar HTML]
- You can also download the department's At-a-Glance 2023-2024 academic calendar that was circulated by email in September: Asian L&L At-a-Glance Calendar PDF. Note that this calendar contains only recurring annual events, is finalized at the beginning of the academic year, and is not updated.
Department Email Lists
The following are the email lists for the department.
- Asian L&L Graduate Students: email@example.com
Announcements of likely interest to our graduate students. This is a moderated list. The Graduate Program Coordinator (GPC), Administrator, Academic Counselor, and Chair can post directly.
- Faculty: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unmoderated list of all Asian L&L faculty, excluding emeritus, adjunct, and affiliate faculty. Includes Administrator and Academic Counselor.
- Graduate Faculty: email@example.com
Unmoderated list of all Asian L&L graduate faculty, plus Administrator and Academic Counselor.
- Undergraduate Majors: firstname.lastname@example.org
Announcements of likely interest to our declared undergraduate major students. This is a moderated list. The Undergraduate Education Coordinator, Administrator, and Academic Counselor can post directly.
- Asia Talk Mailing List: email@example.com
Moderated list of Asia-related announcements of interest to the community. Open subscription via the AsiaTalk signup page.
- Teaching Assistants: firstname.lastname@example.org
Announcements and other work-related communications to our graduate teaching assistants. This is a moderated list. The Administrator and Academic Counselor can post directly.
Downloadable Forms and Documents
- Departmental Committee Assignments 2023-2024 (PDF)
- Asian L&L Graduate Student Association Committee Members
- Gowen Hall Fire Safety and Evacuation Plan (September 2023) (PDF)
- Health and Safety Plan (August 2020) (PDF)
- Travel Funding Request Form for Faculty (Fillable PDF)
- Travel Reimbursement Form (Fillable PDF)
(*to be filled out after a Travel Funding Request Form receives departmental approval)
- Course Proposal and Course Change Guidelines (PDF)
- Syllabi guidelines and resources for faculty (including mandatory religious accommodations language)
- Faculty Peer Teaching Review Form (DOCX)
- Faculty Activity Report Spring 2022 – Winter 2023 (DOCX)
- ASIAN 491 - Internship in Teaching Asian Languages and Cultures - FAQ and internship agreement form (Fillable PDF)
- Course Evaluation Information and Link to Form (Office of Educational Assessment website)
- IB Credit and Japanese/Chinese/Korean Program Placement Guide for Faculty and Academic Advisers (PDF)
- Department Business Card Template (PDF)
*Note: Contact the Graduate Program Advisor at email@example.com for any TA-related forms.
Hourly Student Information
For Faculty Hiring Hourly Students
1. Please review the following websites as necessary before hiring:
- Student employee information including title and classification
- International Student Information
- How to approve hourly student timesheets: Time Reporting
- Important: Does the hourly employee have a Social Security number? If not, please first let the Department Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) know that is the case. Second, please see the following link and share this information on how to apply for a Social Security number with the hourly employee: https://iss.washington.edu/
2. Fill out: Hourly Student Appointment Request form
*Please note that this request must be approved by the department chair before submission. If your request has not been approved yet, please inform the Department Administrator (email@example.com) before filling out this form.
For Hourly Student Employees
- International Students: Please review International Student Website
- All student employees should see their hourly appointment in Workday within two weeks of their hire date. Once your appointment is visible in Workday, you should submit your timesheet through Workday. For information on submitting your timesheet see: Time Reporting
- If you do not see your appointment in Workday within that two week time-frame, please contact the Department Administrator.