Assistant Professor, Chinese Language Coordinator
F 12:00-1:00 Zoom Meeting ID: 208-684-4933
Ph.D., Carnegie Mellon University, 2009
- Lü, Chan. Chinese Literacy Learning in an Immersion Program, London: Palgrave Mcmillan, 2019.
- (In press) The effectiveness of guided inductive instruction and deductive instruction on semantic radical development in Chinese character processing. Language Teaching Research.
- Lü, Chan. (2016). Chinese reading development among young learners in a Chinese immersion program and a Chinese heritage language school. Teaching Chinese in the World, 30, 550-562. [美国沉浸式小学和中文学校学生的中文阅读习得的发展研究，《世界汉语教学》］
- Lü, C. (2017). The roles of pinyin skill in English-Chinese biliteracy learning: Evidence from Chinese immersion learners. Foreign Language Annals, 50, 306-322.
- Lü, C., & Koda, K. (2017). The roles of phonological awareness and oral vocabulary knowledge in English-Chinese biliteracy acquisition among Chinese heritage language learners. Heritage Language Journal.
American Association for Applied Linguistics (AAAL), Chinese Language Teachers Association (CLTA), Society for the Scientific Study of Reading (SSSR)
- Upcoming Asian L&L co-sponsored workshop - UW and CELIN Forum: Raising Multilingual Citizens of the World - December 12, 2019
- 8th grade Chinese learners from Mercer International Middle School visit the Chinese Program at UW - June 4, 2019
- Professor Chan Lü's new book, Chinese Literacy Learning in an Immersion Program has been published by Palgrave Macmillan. - January 25, 2019
- Professor Chan Lü delivered a SHACS lecture: "Language and literature learning through dual language immersion" - November 8, 2018
- Asian Languages and Literature Heads to Beijing for Summer Study Abroad - March 21, 2018
- Chan Lü Participates in Beijing Panel on Literacy and Education - July 29, 2017
- Teaching Chinese Language in the U.S.: Challenges and Prospects - December 15, 2016
- Peking Opera Demystified - December 15, 2016