- Jesty, Justin. Art and Engagement in Early Postwar Japan. Cornell University Press, 2018
- “The realism debate and the politics of modern art in early postwar Japan.” Japan Forum 26, no. 4 (2014), 508-529.
- Justin Jesty. "Tokyo 1960: Days of Rage and Grief Hamaya Hiroshi’s Photos of the Anti-Security-Treaty Protests." Visualizing Cultures. MIT: 2012.
- Justin Jesty. "Making Mercury Visible: the Minamata documentaries of Tsuchimoto Noriaki." Mercury Pollution: A Transdisciplinary Treatment. Taylor and Francis: 2011. 139-160.
- Justin Jesty. "Arts of Engagement: Art and Social Movements in Japan’s Early Postwar." Ph.D. Thesis. University of Chicago, Dept. of East Asian Languages and Civilizations, 2010.
- Justin Jesty. "Hokkaidō tankō rōdōsha no kyōdō seisaku: 1950-nen no ‘Jinmin saiban kirokuga’ o megutte." (Collaborative production among Hokkaidō mine workers: the case of the 1950 ‘Pictorial record of the people’s court incident’). Bunka shigen toshite no tankō-ten (The coal mine as cultural resource exhibition). Meguro Museum of Art: 2009. 128-139.
- Justin Jesty, with Tokunaga Keita. "Senda Umeji-ron (On Senda Umeji)." Bunka shigen toshite no tankō-ten (The coal mine as cultural resource exhibition). Meguro Museum of Art: 2009. 10-27.
- Justin Jesty. "Hanga to hanga undō (Woodcut and the woodcut movement)." Gendai Shisō (Contemporary Thought) 35.17 (2007): 152-161.
- ASIAN 207 B: Special Topics In Literature And Culture Of Asia - Course Website
- ASIAN 207 BA: Special Topics In Literature And Culture Of Asia
- ASIAN 207 BB: Special Topics In Literature And Culture Of Asia
- ASIAN 207 BC: Special Topics In Literature And Culture Of Asia
- JAPAN 432 A: Readings In Modern Japanese Literature - Course Website
Summer 2012 Full-term
- Professor Justin Jesty Wins ASAP Book Award - October 31, 2019
- New Publication: Professor Justin Jesty's Art and Engagement in Early Postwar Japan - October 8, 2018