Choose from the following checklists if you are currently applying to UW:
I. MATERIALS TO BE SUBMITTED
All applicants must submit the following:
- the Teaching Assistant Application (PDF) (Two-Page) form, completed in full
- a Cover Letter (One-Page) explaining your qualifications, addressed to Associate Professor Paul S. Atkins, Department Chair.
- Records of Past Teaching Experience (if applicable), such as course syllabi, student or supervisor evaluations, etc. If you have taught at the University of Washington before, be sure the department has copies of all of your student evaluations, CTL evaluations, and supervisor evaluations.
- most recent Unofficial Academic Transcript
- one recent Letter of Recommendation from a faculty adviser, supervisor, employer, or teacher. Those applying for the graduate program in Asian Languages and Literature may use the online letters of recommendation in place of this one letter. The recommender may email or mail the letter as described below:
II. SUBMISSION PROCEDURES
New applicants to the Asian Languages and Literature Graduate Programs:
- upload your completes Teaching Assistant Application (Two-Page) form to your online University of Washington Graduate application before the admissions deadline of December 15th, AND
- submit the cover letter and any record of past teaching experience as one PDF to the Academic Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are applying to the Asian L&L Graduate Program, we can use the submitted (1) letter of recommendation and (2) unofficial transcripts that are part of your online graduate application. Please send an email to email@example.com indicating which one of your letters of recommendation you would ike to use for your TA application.
Any supplemental application materials (teaching records, video recording (described below), etc.), MUST BE emailed to the Academic Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE the TA application deadline.
Those who are applying to other UW graduate programs should submit all application materials in person in Gowen Hall, Room 225 or by email (all materials as ONE PDF) to our Academic Counselor at email@example.com.
After an initial screening process, programs may in some cases additionally require an interview, in person or via Skype, with applicants under consideration.
If you have questions please contact the Academic Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 206-543-4997.