Choose from the following checklists:
If you are currently a TA in the Department of Asian Languages and Literature:
If you are NOT currently a TA in the Department of Asian Languages and Literature, but you are a UW graduate student:
I. MATERIALS TO BE SUBMITTED
All applicants must submit the following:
- the Teaching Assistant Application (PDF) (Two-Page) form, completed in full
- a Cover Letter (One-Page) explaining your qualifications, addressed to the Department Chair.
- Records of Past Teaching Experience (if applicable), such as course syllabi, student or supervisor evaluations, etc. If you have taught at the University of Washington before, be sure the department has copies of all of your student evaluations, IASystem (formerly CTL) evaluations, and supervisor evaluations.
- most recent Unofficial Academic Transcript
- the Home Department Statement of Support Form (PDF). Please fill out and sign the top portion of the form and ask your faculty adviser to email it to the Academic Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org with the applicant's name in the subject line. Hard copies of Home Department Statement of Support Forms are also accepted.
- one recent Letter of Recommendation from a faculty adviser, supervisor, employer, or teacher. Please note this letter should come directly from the letter writer, via email or hard copy.
Applicants who are currently teaching assistants in the Department of Asian Languages and Literature must submit:
- the Supervisor Recommendation Form (PDF). Please fill out and sign the top portion of the form and ask your TA Supervisor to email it to the Academic Counselor at email@example.com with the applicants name in the subject line. This is in lieu of the letter of recommendation stated above.
II. SUBMISSION PROCEDURES
Any supplemental application materials (teaching records, video recording (described below), etc.), MUST BE emailed to the Academic Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE the application deadline.
Current UW graduate students should submit all application materials either in person to Gowen Hall room 225 or by email (all materials as ONE PDF) to the Academic Counselor at email@example.com.
After an initial screening process, programs may in some cases additionally require an interview, in person or via Skype, with applicants under consideration.
If you have questions please contact the Academic Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 206-543-4997.