“Inscription and Japanese-language Literature.” AJALT No. 41. Tokyo: June 2018.
"The Dilemma of the ‘Troll’ in a Post-Truth World: On Understanding the Difference Between the ‘Gays’ and the ‘Fags’ Who Supported Trump," Eureka. Tokyo: January, 2017. (Jpn.)
"Gay Magazines from the 1990s as a Parallel World." Eureka. Tokyo: April 2016. (Jpn.)
"On the Architextuality of Written Japanese: Towards an Architecture of Text." Symphoniker, ed. Nagase Kai. Tokyo: Symphoniker, 2013. pg. 3-19. (Jpn.)
"On Communication in a Hyperflattened Japanese Language: Japanese Criticism and Introversion," genron etc., ed. Azuma Hiroki. Tokyo: Genron 2.4, 2012. pg. 83-95. (Jpn.)
"A Whirlpool of Glyphs: EnJoe Toh and the Curse of Writing.” The Nonhuman in Japanese Culture and Society, University of Victoria, 22 Sept. 2018.
"On the Publication History of Kirikirijin -- Shumatsu kara and the Performativity of Play." 2018 Trans-Pacific Workshop, University of Washington, 9 June 2018.
“A Chrysanthemum Sendoff: ‘Reading’ Sexuality in a Muromachi Poem-and-Painting Scroll.” Visualizing Texts, Reading Images Workshop II: Representations of Illnesses, Love, and Travel in Illustrated Texts of Pre-Meiji Japan, Dartmouth College, 21 April 2018.
"Script as Function in Tanizaki’s The Key: Reading beyond a Gendered Binary." Association for Asian Studies, Washington, D.C., 23 March 2018.
"History, Memory, and Violence in Tagame Gengoroh’s Daruma kenpei." Association for Japanese Literary Studies, Oberlin College, 16 Feb. 2018.
“Just another Trip to the Bathhouse: AIDS in the tanka of Ishii Tatsuhiko from the 1990s.” Summer 2017 Workshop on Contemporary Japanese Literature and Culture, University of Washington.
"Between Script and Literature: Thinking Through the Effects of Script in Japanese-language Literature" (in Japanese). Joint meeting between the 6070 Kenkyukai and the 80nendai no Bungaku, Hihyo, Kenkyushi o Yomu Kai, Nihon University, 29 Jan. 2017.
“Thoughts on the Style [buntai] of Wagahai wa neko ni naru: Yokoyama Yūta’s Experiment” (in Japanese). Association for Modern Japanese Literary Studies, Waseda University. Tokyo, Japan 22 Nov. 2015 .
"The Architecture of Script: Ruby and Its Relationship to Written Japanese." UC Berkeley Japan Studies Graduate Student Conference, April 2015.
"Language as Hyperflat: Rethinking the Applied Phonograph and Its Relationship to Written Japanese." University of Colorado Boulder Asian Studies Graduate Association Conference, Mar. 2014.
- Lowy, Christopher. "'Parallel world toshite no 90nendai gay zasshi." Eureka [Yuriika] April 2016 ISBN-10: 4791703073.
- Azuma, Hiroki. "An Illness Called Criticism." Trans. Christopher Lowy. Genron 4: Criticism in Contemporary Japan III (2016): E02-11 ISBN-13: 978-4907188191.
- Azuma, Hiroki. "The World After Dark Tourism." Trans. Christopher Lowy. Genron 3: Escape from Postwar Japanese Art (2016): E02-11 ISBN-13: 978-4907188177.
- Azuma, Hiroki. "On Our Inaugural Issue." Trans. Christopher Lowy. Genron 1: Criticism in Contemporary Japan I (2015): E02-11 ISBN-13: 978-4907188122.
- Lowy, Christopher. "Nihongo no ākitekucha: kakikotoba no kōchiku tekusuto-sei o megutte." (Towards an Architecture of Text: On the Architexture of Written Japanese). Symphoniker, ed. Nagase Kai. Tokyo: Symphoniker 1.1, 2013. pg. 3-19.
- “The Mire and a Shovel,” etc. Translation Ichikawa Makoto, “Deido to sukoppu.” Shinsai to fikushon no “kyori,” ed. Ichikawa Makoto. Tokyo: Waseda Bungakkai, 2012, 07 – 10 & 213 – 215.
- Umehara, Takeshi and Azuma, Hiroki. “A Land Where All Things Germinate.” Trans. Christopher Lowy. Shisouhizu Beta vol. 3, ed. Azuma Hiroki. Tokyo: genron, 2012, e56 – e78.
- Lowy, Christopher. “Chōheimen-ka shita nihongo de no komyunikēshon ni tsuite: tojikomoru nihon no hihyō.” (On Communication In a Hyperflattend Japanese Language: Japanese Criticisim and Introversion). genron etc., ed. Azuma Hiroki. Tokyo: genron 2.4, 2012. pg. 83-95.
- “The Words People Sought in the Disaster.” Translation of Suzuki Kensuke, Ishigaki Noriko, Sena Hideaki, Azuma Hiroki, “Sendai Shinpojiumu: shinsai de kotoba ni nani ga dekita ka.” http://www.global.genron.co.jp, ed. Azuma Hiroki. Tokyo: genron, 2011.
- Lowy, Christopher. "'Post-shinjitsu' no sekai ni okeru 'tsurishi' no kyūchi -- Trump o shiji shita 'gei' to 'okama' no sōi o rikai suru tame ni." Eureka [Yuriika] January 2017 ISBN 978-4-7917-0321-0.