Teaching Assistant Position in Chinese Language: Audio Recording
This recording is required for all applicants who wish to be considered for a Chinese language TA position. The audio recording may be submitted on a CD or USB drive or as an MP3 or other digital audio file attached to an email to the Academic Counselor at email@example.com.
- Speak in your best Standard Mandarin.
- Do not read from a prepared text.
- Answer each question in a single recording session (do not stop and start the recording except between questions).
- Your entire recording should be no longer than 10 minutes.
- Do not state your name on the recording. Write your name on the CD case, USB drive, or email message. The preferred format for digital audio recordings is MP3.
Your performance will be judged on pronunciation (including tonal accuracy), vocabulary usage, sentence structure, and overall substance and organization.
- Talk about your education background and plans for your graduate study (about 2 minutes).
- Identify the most serious social problem that your country is facing and provide your comments, opinions, and criticisms (about 3 minutes).
- Give a detailed description of the picture below (about 2 minutes).